Thursday, January 30, 2014

Cosmic Ray Traces


Hi Paul,

Love the Museum Tattoo blog – I had to send you this one for it. Not the best ever pic being a selfie of my left shoulder, but this is my tattoo of cosmic ray traces in a bubble chamber.

I had it done because I like the image mainly, but it was actually inked at Life during an adult late night event on body modification.  Among other attractions we had tattoo demonstrations from one of the artier tattoo parlours in the region, and I was the subject of the demo in front of an audience of about 200 people.

Even better, the cost of the tattoo came out of the event budget!


Ian Simmons
Science Communication Director
Centre for Life
Newcastle upon Tyne
www.life.org.uk


Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: beth (at) redmond-jones (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment