Monday, January 27, 2014

Lion and Bat

I have been fascinated with bats since I was a small child and now have a near 20 year long career as a wildlife biologist working on bat-related research and other bat conservation projects in southern California. My Mother always wanted me to get a bat tattoo but I never got around to it while she was alive. On the day she passed away my siblings and I went and got Lion tattoos to symbolize her passing (she was a Leo). Later, on the anniversary of her passing I decided to finally get that bat tattoo she always wanted and I went big so she could see it from heaven.

Drew Stokes
Wildlife Biologist
Department of Birds and Mammals
San Diego Natural History Museum







Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: beth (at) redmond-jones (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment