Thursday, August 21, 2014

Family



This tattoo was designed/created by an artist in Albuquerque NM based on what I had sketched on an airplane while traveling to visit my youngest son who is in the Air Force and was being deployed to Iraq.  The design incorporates my 4 children (the 4 hearts) held together by the vine (family love).  The yellow care symbol stands for the "bring my son home safely" and also as a childhood cancer ribbon for my grandson who is in remission from Rhabdomyosarcoma (diagnosed at age 9 and into remission at age 11 - he is now 2 years cancer free!). The flag care symbol stands for how proud I am of my Air Force son and the love of our freedom that we enjoy because of the men and women who serve.

As a side note my son was with me to get the tattoo and his deployment only lasted 27 days due to pulling back of the troops.  

Gloria Stern
Museum Store Manager
Split Rock Lighthouse 


Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: beth (at) redmond-jones (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment