Saturday, October 11, 2014

Occult Musings


One thing I love about being an exhibit designer is that you learn about so many fascinating things and meet such interesting people. I have very wide interests: this tattoo represents a few of my more spiritual or occult musings. It is also meant to look weird and cool. The hand with the eye is sometimes seen in a more abstract form as the Hand of Fatima: it offers the wearer protection form the evil eye (this I find useful). Ouroboros, the snake swallowing its own tail, is an infinity sign and reminder, to me of, Karmic cycles. The other symbols are: Sacred Earth, Anhk, Moon, Yin-yang, Triskele, Venus, Mercury, and Virgo. I find these symbols, along with the Hinduism reference implied by the blue hand, to each have a personal significance and reflect my pan-agnostic and ever-intrigued world view. The tattoo artist is Juli Moon, www.julimoonstudio.com, in Lynn, MA.

Paula Millet
Exhibit Designer/Consultant
millet3@verizon.net


Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: bethredmondjones (at) gmail (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment