Saturday, October 25, 2014

Athenian Owl


Jennifer Caleshu was kind enough to share this story of her tattoo:

Based on the Athenian Owl from coins of ancient Greece - symbol of Athena, goddess of wisdom.

Owls also remind me of listening, and symbolize my new career (teacher, coach). The oak leaves are for my home, and the acorns are my kids. On the top of the owl's wing are what the artist called "Thai dragon scales" - which is amazing since I first committed to getting an owl when I was in Thailand this summer for the Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute - right when I left for Thailand we had hired my replacement at the Bay Area Discovery Museum - so it was a real time of transition...

Tattoo artist Buffy Lauer at Sacred Rose Tattoo in Berkeley:
http://sacredrosetattoo.com/section/146209_Buffy_Lauer.html


Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: beth (at) redmond-jones (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment