Friday, June 6, 2014

Gates outside the Governor's Palace, Colonial Williamsburg




My tattoo was inspired by the first place that inspired me to go into museums - Colonial Williamsburg! When I was thinking up ideas for tattoo concepts, I didn't want something that was obviously historical - like George Washington's portrait emblazoned on my arm. This design was taken from the gates outside the Governor's Palace - a subtle way of representing my love for history, museums, scroll work and Colonial Williamsburg. This is, I'm sure, the first of many more history-inspired tattoos to come!

Alli Schell
Director, Milton Historical Society in Milton, DE
www.historicmilton.org


Want to share your own story and tattoo?
Email Beth: beth (at) redmond-jones (dot) com or Paul: info (at) orselli (dot) net.

No comments:

Post a Comment